Are Cars the Next Must-Have Mobile Device?
by Jenny Brandenburg
These days it seems like we can’t consume enough information. We’re always connected. However, we may be the least connected during our morning and afternoon commute. Sure, you have radio ads and billboards giving you information, but for many people, it’s a time to clear their minds before starting the work day or taking care of families at night.
That could soon be changing.
In the not-so-distant future, self-driving cars could be hitting the roads, and with those cars, comes a way to serve up any piece of media anyone could possibly want. Dashboards will be the new iPads. Imagine kicking back and watching Netflix, checking out YouTube or Skyping with a friend, all on your way into the office!
This concept, already popping up at consumer electronic shows, presents fresh opportunities for advertisers to reach a captive audience. Cars can be targeted the same way as other mobile devices and they could offer specific, targeted audiences such as parents and kids on their way to school or executives on their daily commute.
Pandora recently began selling in-car ads separately from its desktop and mobile packages. They claim the audio ads are getting better results compared to other promos.
It’s uncertain when this futuristic sounding concept will be the norm, or what it will cost to own a self-driving vehicle with a dashboard full of information, but it’s something fun, or scary, to think about.
Formerly an account relationship specialist at the Oshkosh Northwestern, Jenny brings over five years of experience in news, media, ad sales and customer relations to her role at Insight. Possessing a can-do attitude, keen attention to detail and natural talent for organization, Jenny is a valuable part of the media department at Insight. She holds a journalism degree from UW-Oshkosh, with an emphasis in advertising/public relations.
- Media Buying 101—What On Earth Does a Media Buyer Do?
- From Concept to Completion
- What We Learned from Rio, Pokémon Go and Game of Thrones
- 11 Blogs for Marketing and Business Inspiration
- Are Cars the Next Must-Have Mobile Device?
- The Power of Interaction
- Back to Basics with Content
- Putting the Social in Social Media
- The Presidential Election vs. Consumer Confidence
- Inspiring Young Minds with Design
- Insight Creative, Inc. Enhances team with New Hires and a Promotion
- There's No Place Like Home
- Lights, Camera, Action!
- Your Website is What's for Dinner
- Quick Start Guide to Maximizing Your Branding Budget
- Sitting Pretty ...
- Insight Designer Paints Golden Helmet for Super Bowl 50
- What's In a Name?
- Resolve to Use Reviews Better in the New Year
- This post is going to be all about you.
- On the Road to ROI, Beginning with Engagement
- The Modern Collaboration Toolkit
- Insight Donates Creative Support to Golden House
- Insight Designer Zane Statz Paints New Packers Fence
- Niki Petit Celebrates Milestone Anniversary, Graces Cover of You magazine
- Your PR Efforts are Only as Good as Your Distribution List
- Bringing Ideas Together With Collaborative Web Design
- How to Lose Your Customer's Trust and Business
- Fueling My Addiction
- Protect Your Wordpress Website From the Hacking Horde
- Insight Creative, Inc. Earns Silver Communicator Award